Monday, April 30, 2007

April Haze

Last week of April was a complete blur. I leapfrogged from various appointments overcaffeinated and sleep-deprived. In this frenzied state of complete haziness I managed to have hysterical conversations with random people and now that sobriety smacked my skull I wanted to bury my head in asphalt.

To cap the various April ordeals, the one I’m so fond of was in town briefly. However I was totally incapacitated to even waste a few minutes over coffee and random conversations. Wasted chances.

April is the cruellest month, T.S. Elliot so writes in the opening verse of The Wasteland.

I couldn’t agree more.

April bequeathed me more doses of plagues than I can cope with.

Missed opportunities are like torture served chilled. Then you add guilt and make it even worse.

No comments: