Saturday, April 21, 2007

Bendable Boys

Consumer tagging is an amusing trade. This generation is going overdrive on it, peaking into a fever pitch that makes you wonder what kind of hallucigenics these folks are inhaling to come up with handy, outrageously snappy stickers slash demographic labels to slap people’s foreheads with.

I was deeply bored and desperately attempting to engross myself with something to overlook the numbing tediousness. I picked up a random magazine from the rack and my jaundiced eyes zeroed on it immediately: Carson Kressley, Queer Style Pundit, making a demographic bending pronouncement.

When asked what does he think about the label ‘metrosexual’ he obligingly answered:

“I don't like it. It reminds me of people having sex on the bus. I much prefer something like heteroflexible.”

Heteroflexible?

It reminds me of people having sex in prisons.

No comments: