Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Imp Patient

Impatience is something I am always trying to contain. I have low tolerance for idiots and I do not suffer stupidity lightly. What’s unnerving about the circumstances is that there are occasions when I end up doing stupid, idiotic things and become the butt of irony.

It would be simplistic to attribute my impatient disposition to the manic pace of my job. “You slack and you sink!” A mentor used to caution me. But I know this is not so. Things conspire to make me even more intolerant these days. Significant projects are hanging in suspended state, my affections wandering in limbo, and to top it off my college ex is in town with her husband and would want to have dinner with me.

Mulling over the invitation splits me two ways. A huge part of me just wants to be gracious and courteous about it and my inner imp just want to manipulate the situation to drive my conceited point.

I’ll figure it out. I’m waiting for her call.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool down my friend.. I know exactly how you feel about the people at work... crabby minds,,

Hi LoudCloud, it's been a while.. I miss reading your intelligible blog..

loudcloud said...

hello tey! - you are back. thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment :-)

Coldman said...

You should be scared, that's an early sign of aging. lol

loudcloud said...

coldman! hahahahahaha shush. i'm lightyears away from the geriatric ward! lol

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with coldman on this one...

By the way, own your time! Don't let time own you. hahaha... shetness...

loudcloud said...

ignorainman? don't tell me you were inspired by that tom cruise flick. hehe.

no need to fret. i wield complete power over my own time ;-)